Homemade Medicated Hazelnut Spread
- Baking Sheet
- Food Processor
- 1 cup Hazelnuts
- 12 ounces Milk or Dark Chocolate chopped
- 4 tbsp Cannabis Infused Sunflower Oil
- 3 tbsp Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 tbsp Unsweetened Dutch Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt adjust to your own taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Spread the hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven for about 12 minutes, until they’ve browned a little and the skins are blistered a little.
- Wrap them in a kitchen towel and rub vigorously to remove as much loose skin as possible. (Some skin will cling to the nuts when you’re done. It’s okay—not to mention inevitable. It will add a great flavor) Let cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in a saucepan over gently simmering water or a double boiler. Stir until smooth. Let cool completely.
- In a food processor, grind the hazelnuts until they form a paste. Add the oil, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt and continue processing until the mixture is as smooth as possible-or as smooth as you like.
- Add the melted chocolate, blend well, and then strain the mixture to remove any chunks of hazelnut that remain. The resulting Homemade Hazelnut Spread will be thin and somewhat runny, it will thicken as it cools.
- Scrape your Homemade Hazelnut Spread into a jar or other resealable container and let it cool to room temperature. Cover the container after "testing" a couple spoonfuls.