Smoked Paprika Roasted Cauliflower Dip
Many people have dietary restrictions, allergies, special requirements, or they are just plain picky. This search to find a dish everyone can agree on is is even harder when cooking for people who are vegetarian and vegan. Inspired by hummus this dip is an easy way to add a vegan variety to your dinner parties or happy hours! It's also extremely healthy. This dip has Protein, vitamin C and K from the beans and Omegas from the oil. Also cauliflower has almost zero fat and sugar, and is a great source vitamin K, B6, folate, fiber, and Omega 3. This is a great way to take two somewhat bland ingredients and bring them to life in a tasty, versatile treat! It's not only vegan, but gluten and soy free as well. This is a perfect dish to serve the pickiest of eaters. This recipe is also very easy to prepare! So put on your chefs hat and get to it!!!
- 1-2 heads of cauliflower chopped (about 3 cups)
- 2 TBSP medicated coconut oil for roasting
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups cooked white beans navy or cannellini
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt to taste
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 TBSP medicated olive oil based on consistency
- 1 tsp chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place cauliflower in glass baking dish
- Drizzle with the coconut oil and sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- Roast cauliflower for about 30 minutes, or until golden.
- Allow to cool and then add cauliflower to a food processor.
- Add water and blend cauliflower for about 3 minutes. This will break down the cauliflower to create a smoother consistency in the end.
- Add the rest of ingredients except the olive oil ---beans, lemon, garlic, salt, basil, and more water (slowly!) if necessary.
- Process until the mixture becomes homogenized and smooth.
- You may need to add more water as you blend to make it creamier. Just don't add too much!
- With motor of machine running, slowly pour in your olive oil. You may need anywhere from 1-3 TBSP to achieve the desired smooth, creamy effect.
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Sprinkle with more paprika and serve with some of your favorite veggies, crackers, or bread!